Thursday, December 22, 2011

Best books ~ 2011

It is so hard to pick a best of books for the different categories this year since I have read some awesome books. I will do my best. If you have read any of my favorites or any that you would like to suggest to me, feel free to hit up the comments section below. You can pick up any of these titles by clicking on the cover art (I linked to buy sites to help you out.)

Best of 2011 YA Dystopian

Possession by Elana Johnson

This book inspired me. The writing in it is simply delicious and the characters are so likeable... It reminded me of Madeline L'Engle in it's style. Loved this book and cannot WAIT till the second book, Surrender, comes out. You can read my blog here on it. You can find info about picking it up here.


Runners up: None. This book was AWESOME




Best of paranormal YA

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones captured our family this year and we were driven to pick up the whole series including the newly released City of Fallen Angels. We cannot WAIT for the next in this series. You can read my review of the series here.



Runners Up: The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (I forgot to review it but loved this book. You can read part of my opinion here.), The Marked Series by PC and Kristen Cast


Best YA Fairytale with a Modern Twist

Sweetly by Jackson Pearce

Another one I forgot to review but brilliant. This book was a companion to Pearce's amazing Sisters Red and it didn't let us down in the least. I am looking forward to Purity and Fathomless... Future works by this fun and fresh author.

Runners Up: None. Loved this book






Best Romantic Comedy

My One and Only by Kristan Higgins


I have Until There was You on my kindle and have to read it as well but I love this authors style. I literally snarfed coffee all over my computer reading her. I cried. Awesome.


Runner Up: The Real Housewives of Olympus by Saranna DeWylde (you can read my review here.)




Best MM erotic

Upon Midnight by Buffy Christopher

This sexy little book inspired me to dare a little more in my own writing. And she wrote more of them. *fans self* Awesome.


Runners up: None. When it comes to sexy m/m action, I liked this.







Best action sequence in a sexy romp

The Path to Freedom
by Lisa Pietsch

Sarah Stevens is kicked out of the military and dumped by her boyfriend. She manages to go to fatcamp, learn to kick ass and meet some very sexy men on her journey to becoming a weapon herself. This book had a little bit of everything. If you are looking for a sexy and yet fun ride, this book is your ticket to intrigue. Awesome.


Runners Up: Again, I am a runners up fail. This book was great.




Okay, those are the ones that stick out in my memory. I think I shall start doing this quarterly since I have a terrible memory and I am sure I am missing some fantastic books that I read this year...

What books moved you? What is your top list for books to read? Let me know :)

Happy writing! (Or reading as the case may be...)

1 comment:

  1. Forgot to do best adult paranormal romance! Nicole Peeler's Tempest Rising &other Jane True books. Fantastic, fun, wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete