Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Christmas

My kids have had a wonderful Christmas morning and I am pretty sure we are in for a fantastic Christmas day. Uncle Chad is joining us this year so not only will we be having dinner with our 'adopted' family but we will have him there to share it. On top of that, visits are planned to grandparents and aunts...

All in all a wonderful day. But the things that I am grateful for aren't under that tree... Although I am crazy grateful for everyone that helped make this morning so wonderful for my babies...

I am grateful for the people who helped make today special. I am happy that my three kids are healthy and warm this morning. I am grateful that I am alive to see it.

None of this should be taken for granted.

Our life isn't perfect. I would love to have a man to curl into while I watch the kids shredding paper from glittering presents under the glow of the tree. I would love to go get in my car and not worry that the damn thing is gonna blow up. I would love to say that I am not ever worried over money, or family issues or dramatic battles of epic proportions.

But, y'see, it doesn't matter. Because there are so many other things that are so close to perfect that this morning... I have got to sit back and say...

Thank you. Thank you to a universe that made my life so happy and full. Thank you to friends and family that make me feel loved and secure. Thank you for my children's health and that I am here on this Christmas morning to hear the little comments they are making and the rattle of Lego's newly opened.

Thank you.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it. And to those who don't, I wish you peace.

1 comment:

  1. Your children are beautiful and smart. (just like their mom) You're lucky to have them and they are lucky to have such a caring mom.
    I also feel blessed to have you in my life and to have you as one of my closest friends.
    It is my pleasure to have watched each of your children grow up. Just as you have known my babies since they were born.
    Merry Christmas my friend--Here's to our friendship, may we watch each others grandchildren grow into adults. :D <3

    ReplyDelete