Monday, December 19, 2011

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

I am trying to write this post with my cat-all 20some pounds of him-lying on my arm. Apparently, even given an entire house to roam, my arm is the best place he can find to sleep. Stupid cat.

And he is purring.

Anyway, I went to see Sherlock Holmes on Saturday night and I thought all you lovely blogfolk would want to hear my review. I was hoping to do something snarky... like Nicole Peeler's twitter feed the other day when she saw Breaking Dawn Part One... Yeah, Sherlock was such a good movie it sucked the snark right out my nose, pulled my ass to the edge of my seat and had me laughing out loud. So no snark. Sorry. Next time, I will try to go to a less amusing movie.

Okay, the trailer...


Yeah, I am pretty sure you can see, just from that, they followed pretty closely to the original movie but lost NOTHING of the coolness that I had come to expect.

Spoiler- Someone dies in the beginning that I didn't forsee.

And I was sort of mad about it. And so was Sherlock. So he starts chasing the professor around, dragging poor Watson in his wake.

Memorable lines to look for:

"How many times are you going to kill my dog?" - Watson

"How did you know I was going to find you?(Watson)
You didn't find me, you dropped a tower on me. (Sherlock)"

There was adventure, bromance, murder, suspense, danger, special effects...
All in all, on a scale of one to five, I would give it a five.
If you are going to pay the insane amount of money they now charge to go to a movie, this one is a great one to do it on.

($5.75 for a drink? That drink had better have a whole meal packed inside or be Starbucks or some craziness... But for fountain soda? Really? C'mon movie people. Get real.)

No comments:

Post a Comment