Sunday, April 1, 2012

Guest Blog from the terrific Gemma K. Murray!!

Welcome my friend and fellow author...Gemma K. Murray!

Happy Monday! I am Gemma K. Murray, a shiny new author with Leap of Faith Publishing. I am so excited to be visiting with my friend, Virginia, and her friends.

I’ve been writing since I was around the age of twelve. Being a teenager was rough and my life was facing a bit of an upheaval so I sat down and wrote my feelings out.

One day, about 10 years into my marriage, my husband asked me, “What do you want to do?” He knew that as much as loved being at home with our canine kids, I longed for something more. I shocked him a little when I said, “A writer.” His not-so-immediate response was, “So? Write.” I picked up pens, notebooks, and paper. Then, I sat down and wrote out my dreams.

See? I dream in color and my dreams are filled with wonderful places and people. Keeper of the Golden Dragon’s Heart came from a dream about two years ago before I moved to the Upper Peninsula. All the stories I’d written to this point were contemporary romances where the people are like you and me, basically “normal”. This story made me step out of my comfort zone into paranormal/urban fantasy.

As of this blog, I’m halfway through writing books 2 and 3 in the Cedar River series. Books 4 and 5 are patiently waiting their turns at the computer. Plus book 4 has a possible spin off to it. The floodgates opened with Keeper of the Golden Dragon’s Heart.

Here is the blurb for Keeper of the Golden Dragon’s Heart:

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan seems like it is another country. The rawness and beauty of the land draws people from every walk of life. What most people don’t realize is there is a little town nestled on the banks of Lake Superior that an entire group of supernatural beings call home. Shifters of every shape and size live there. They raise their families there. Tourists come from near and far to visit the quaint town of Cedar River, Michigan. The tourists never realize they are walking among some of the most unusual beings on earth.

Bowie Golden is a dragon shifter who is in charge of Cedar River’s safety. Until now, the biggest threat to anyone’s safety was Anastasia Plum, a witch/puma-shifter. She has been the town hellraiser since she was a teenager. Now someone has discovered the secret the residents of Cedar River keep for one another. These radicals are determined to eradicate the entire town. It’s up to Bowie to keep them all safe.

Ana has always idolized Bowie. She may have stirred up trouble from time to time, but Bowie or one of his brothers would always get her out of the trouble she was in. One day, it happened. The unthinkable, the unimaginable occurred. Anastasia Plum fell for the “golden” boy. What an unlikely duo- the sheriff and the hellraiser!

Just as these two discover their passion for one another, a group of people is determined to keep them apart. It’s up to Ana to prove that she is the only Keeper of the Golden Dragon’s Heart.

Amazon Barnes & Noble Leap of Faith Publishing Coffee Time Romance e-books

I want to thank Virginia for opening her cyber space to me today. It means a lot to have friends who are in this business (with a bit more experience) and know exactly what you need.

You can find me on the web at http://gemmakmurray.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GemmaKMurray.

6 comments:

  1. My apologies to Gemma...this blog is airing late due to a publishing issue...

    But thanks so much for coming to visit us on the blog today, Gemma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Virg! No worries at all! I know how things go, trust me! Monday works just as well as any other day:) (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gemma! That blurb sounds great! As someone who has visited the U.P. I can practically smell the fresh air, taste the refreshingly cold Lake Superior, and see all those people who are just plain neighborly. Great job. I cannot wait to get my hands on that book. Kudos to finally having your dream come true. Now I am going off to raid the community couch for money so I can buy your book! Hopefully no one beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply cannot imagine visiting a better place than right here, right now. It feels as if I'm gathered around a cozy fireplace listening to an enchanting story with loved ones. Virg, thank you for opening your home and Gemma thank you for the fantasy tales you delight us with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Karen & Danielle, for stopping by to visit with us today! Isn't this just the most lovely place to while a way a day? I think so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all!! Dunno what I would do without you guys around :)

    ReplyDelete