Monday, January 20, 2014

Counting it down to Runaway Groom : Two of my favorite small town authors...



I can’t believe we’re almost to the release day of Runaway Groom!! *squeaks*

That said, I LOVE small town stories. Sweet Home Alabama might be my favorite small town movie, or maybe The Proposal and that little town in Alaska…wait, let’s talk about books because I am a HUGE fan of these two authors.

2. Mariah Stewart 

I have never in my entire life eaten as much ice cream as I did while I read Almost Home, The Chesapeake Diaries Book 3. Aside from writing a lovely and intimate small town, Stewart also made me want to visit it. I wanted to eat at the ice cream shop, fall in love with the hero, all of it. Just great stuff.

1. Kristan Higgins

I know, I know. If you’ve read my blog before or my facebook, you knew I’d mention Higgins. I’m a huge fangirl and if I ever meet her, I’m sure to be so speechless, someone will post a pic of it and share my frozen shock with the world. That said, she has SO MANY SMALL TOWN AWESOME BOOKS. From the Blue Heron series and the beauty of wine country to the Maine coast, Higgins transports us smack dab into a town full of folks who know each other and have such easy familiarity with each other that it is impossible to resist falling in love with them. Start with The Best Man if you haven’t read them. No, wait, do Until There Was You. No, ignore me…start with My One and Only. Oh, shoot…just read them all like I did and we’ll talk about them, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment