Sunday, January 19, 2014

Counting it down to Runaway Groom : Three recipes you can’t go wrong with in a small town



Since I can bake these, I know you can do it because I’m the worst baker in the WORLD. I burn water. Seriously, look at my facebook wall…I posted a pic the last time I burned water.

3. Taco Lasagna

First you fry up some ground beef, chicken, or whatever meat you’re taco-ing. Then you follow the instructions on the taco packet (add some water and the packet and cook it down, you know the drill.) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Once you have the meat, you can start layering. Put down some soft taco shells in a lasagna pan. (They have some fancy name for it, but me? I call it a lasagna pan, even though mine is glass.) Then you layer meat, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, more shells, maybe some onions, more meat, some taco sauce…whatever stuff you’d put on your taco. Add a final layer of taco shells and cover the whole mess with cheese. Bake until the cheese melts and serve up like lasagna. 

2. Mom’s Mac and Cheese

Boil noodles until they are done. When they are, drain them and then add a stick of butter and some velveeta chunks until melted…then splash in some water and sprinkle on some pepper. Comfort food? Done.

1 Alfredo Sauce

Get a big pan (I use the skillet my mama gave me) and melt a stick of butter and throw in some garlic (I like the chunky kind in oil, but you can use powder in a pinch.) Once it is melted, throw in a block of Philadelphia cream cheese. Stir, fast…until the cream cheese is combined and you have what looks like a giant white booger in the pan. Add shredded parmesan cheese and some milk until it takes on a creamy texture. Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment