Wednesday, July 6, 2011

International Kissing Day


The photo to the left is of a sailor returning home and kissing a woman. Although the identities of the people in this iconic shot have been debated, no one ever said for sure who it was but it captured the nations attention due to its identifying with the feeling in the US at the time.

For International kissing day, I scoured the net (well, I clicked on a couple links. Gimme a break, here...) and found some interesting kissing facts.

"A man is far more likely to prefer sloppy tongue kisses than a woman. The added testosterone from his saliva may serve to enhance her libido over time." - The Science of Kissing

I am not sure about that one. I like me a sloppy kiss as much as the next guy.

The science of kissing is called philematology. - The Art of Kissing. 2nd ed

The term “French kiss” came into the English language around 1923 as a slur on the French culture which was thought to be overly concerned with sex. In France, it’s called a tongue kiss or soul kiss because if done right, it feels as if two souls are merging. In fact, several ancient cultures thought that mouth-to-mouth kissing mingled two lovers’ souls. - Kissing Christians: Ritual and Community in the Late Ancient Church

Okay, I like that one.

It is possible for a woman to reach an orgasm through kissing. -The Art of Kissing. 2nd ed

Really????!!

The mouth is full of bacteria. When two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria. - On Kissing: From the Metaphysical to the Erotic

I think I just threw up a little...

Our brains have special neurons that help us find each others lips in the dark. www.romancestuck.com

So there you have it... A bunch of random kissing facts.

I like the act better myself than talking about it...

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein

"I want a kiss to be so believable it give the reader shivers. "Laurell K. Hamilton

"
And then his tongue touched mine and my soul came up my throat, and his was on his tongue, and they touched." - Virginia Nelson, Odd Stuff

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment