Sunday, April 14, 2013

Curveballs

Curveball /ˈkərvˌbôl/
Noun
A ball that is pitched with a snap of the wrist and a strong downward spin, which causes the ball to drop suddenly and deceptively veer...

Life throws them.

We might think that we've finally figured out the game, that we know what the pitcher has in store for us and we're ready.

And then, there it comes, spinning at you out of nowhere...

The curveball.

In writing, when you're at that point in the story where you're not sure what happens next and staring at that blinking cursor, throwing your characters a curveball might solve all your problems.

In life? I got nothing.

The best I can say is roll with it and swing. You'll either hit it out of the park or strike out. But at least you can say, "I swung for all I was worth."

Best of luck with your curveballs. I'm up to bat.
Happy Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment