Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sneak Peek! Rumour Has It


So, yesterday I kind of wrote a book. Yeah. I mentioned on here that I have been busy? Well, I have been too busy to write which kind of made me have loads of inspiration and need to write...but gave me no time to do so. Yesterday, finally, I let myself write a little.

And a book came out.

Rumour Has It has been an idea in the back of my head for awhile, festering and growing, so that when I sat down to write it, in one long gush it came out.

Yes, the idea behind it was inspired by the Adele song of the same name. My kids kind of hated me yesterday because the song was on repeat all day.

The excerpt below is unedited but I think it is enough to let you guys see why I love Lizzie so much. Jeremy isn't too shabby either.

But first, the blurb!

Elvis left the building a long time ago…

Liz knows that there are some things you just can’t live down. Marrying an Elvis impersonator was one of her biggest mistakes yet when he comes rolling back into town, needing a place to couch surf, she can’t say no to the father of her child.

And someone else took his place…

Jeremy has been engaged in the world’s longest long game. For thirteen years he has loved Liz and her daughter but never made a move, waiting for the right moment. When her ex-husband shows up out of the blue, he realizes it is time to put up or shut up.

But now that Elvis is back, the rumors are flying.

Jeremy makes his move, leaving Liz in a tailspin. Elvis comes back, the man she has always secretly loved is making moves…but why now? The sparks fly and the gossips mouths are running…but will Liz find the love she has been waiting for or will the small town gossips destroy her like they did so long ago?

Excerpt:

Liz made some dumb mistakes in her life...marrying an Elvis impersonator in Vegas, for instance. That shit they tell you about stuff staying in Vegas? Lies. Just sayin.

The Elvis was a guy that she knew since high school who decided he was going to be a professional poker player, moved to Vegas and became an Elvis after he was there but still…

You don’t live down being the small town girl who married Elvis. Not where Liz lived.

Small town Ohio is good for one thing. Gossip.

Slamming her car into park, Liz glared at the man outside her window. “This better be good.”

“You know I am good, baby. We had a few years solid of good and—”

Glaring at her ex-husband, the Elvis impersonator, Liz let her lips turn up in a smile that said nothing about being happy and a whole lot about being threatening. “For starters, I spent about four thousand dollars to stop having good times about a decade ago, Vernon. And call me baby again and I am gonna shove my foot up your ass sideways.”


4 comments:

  1. A) LOVE the blurb and excerpt
    B) LOVE the song (I have it on my current playlist.)
    C) An entire book in a day? You are my hero=)
    You rock, sista! Keep up the good work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Very cute blurb. Congrats on the word vomit yesterday! :)
    You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete