Thursday, May 17, 2012

Things that make me smile...


The boys woke me up at the buttcrack of dawn this morning. Their aunt got them Halo and ever since she did...they have been Halo'ing every waking moment that I didn't give them other stuff to do.

I shall one day have my revenge.

But on that note, I wanted to talk about things that make me smile.

10. Baby feet.

Nuff said.
Things that make you go awww...

9. My kids belly laugh.

Kids have this way of laughing so hard that it seems to spiral up from inside them and take up their whole body. I love that.

8. Cheesecake.
NY Style...mah fave
What? Cheesecake is the shit.

7. New book covers.


Even the ones I don't love for whatever reason...they still have my name printed boldly on the cover. I can't help a shiver of pleasure and a big grin for book covers.


6. Swag.

Free stuff from other authors, be it books, bookmarks, magnets or whatever, makes me smile. I don't think anyone becomes an author or works in this industry if they don't LOVE books...so it really makes me act like a kid on Christmas to get author goodies delivered right to my door.

5. Chocolate.


Double the amplitude of the grin if you just add bacon to the chocolate.

4. Making my kids dreams come true.
Yeah, seems simple but anytime my kids want something for awhile or have a dream and I can help them achieve it or give it to them, it makes me smile like a loon.
Soft kitty, warm kitty...

3. Hugs.

I think that if you manage not to smile when someone hugs you, maybe, just maybe, you really don't have a soul.

2. Other people who love books/writing.

What is cooler than having someone to talk to about all this cool stuff???
1. Coffee
Oh, yeah, that is cooler. Especially if it is an espresso with steamed milk, topped with a little whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate. Not that I drink that everyday but...

Yeah.

That first sip rocks.


What makes you smile?

Happy writing!

2 comments:

  1. My buddy's (YOU) blog posts make me smile.
    My canine kids and their antics.
    My hubby who after 20 years together still makes me laugh every day.
    Talking about being a writer (WooHoo!)
    Realizing the ideas (for stories) are multiplying instead of decreasing.
    And all of the stuff you mentioned, too. We should find a recipe for bacon and chocolate cheesecake *waggles eyebrows*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon and chocolate cheesecake? Brilliant. I'm sooooo there. Love your list. It made me smile :)
    So do you, and often.

    ReplyDelete