Monday, August 18, 2014

Write It Now! (A Writer's Parody of Let It Go!)

So, uh...

Sometimes I write parodies for songs for writers. For instance, I've done:
Jingle Bells (Writing Sells)
Sexy and I Know It (Writer and I know it)
We Are Young (We Are Writing)
12 Days of Christmas (12 Days of Writing)

But I haven't done one for quite some time. If there are other songs you'd like me to parody, lemme know in the comments section below and I'll try to get to them asap.

In the meantime, my son (like, uh, everyone's kids) had a big Frozen phase and that song played and played and played and... So here is my parody of Frozen's "Let It Go."


It is called,  

"Write it Now"


The cursor glows white in my word file tonight
Not a sentence to be seen
An office of isolation,
And it looks like I'm not Stephen King.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't write a word, heaven knows I tried!

Can’t think of plot, can’t think of scenes
Write the stories like you’ve always dreamed
Reveal, don't feel, don't ever slow
Don’t tell, just show!

Write it now, write it now!
Can't hold it back anymore
Write it now, write a book
And then you can publish for Nook!

I don't care
What reviewers say
Let the storm rage on,
It could be a bestseller anyway.

It's funny how some grammar
Makes everything seem wrong
And the characters who wouldn’t shut up before
Won’t say a peep at all!

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me, I'm free!

Write it now, write it now!
I am one with the keyboard and screen.
Write it now, write it now!
You'll never see me cry!

Here I sit
And here I'll stay
Let the plot rage on!

My story scurries from my fingers to the file
My soul is spiraling in run on sentences all around
And one thought crystallizes like an epic task
I'm never going back,
Page one is in the past!

Write it now, write it now!
And I'll write till the break of dawn
Write it now, write it now!
That panicked girl is gone!

Here I sit
Until the light of day
Let the story rage on,
The critics never bothered me anyway! 


heehee...so, yeah. That happened. Happy Writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment