Saturday, January 11, 2014

Countdown to Some Like It Royal: 2 Shows about Royal Shenanigans

I wanted to do a much longer list about television programs featuring royal families (chances are you have your favorites), but only two came to mind for me each time I tried to make this list. So here they are, the first is a far more graphic than the second--so consider yourself warned.



The Tudors

Originally aired on Showtime, The Tudors was a decadent look at the life and rule of Henry VIII. The series featured some fantastic sets, costumes and a wicked look at the life at court for those around Henry VIII as he argued politics, lust, and romance. The series also had Henry Cavill--naked at times. Did I mention naked?

Reign

This relatively new entry just began on the CW and I admit, I had my doubts when I heard about it and yes, it's not about the historical accuracy as it is the lush sets, the compelling stories and Bash. Oh yes, I'm all about the Bash.

Do you have a favorite television show about royals?

No comments:

Post a Comment