Saturday, September 17, 2011

In My Mailbox

Since it was my birthday this past week, I have gotten lots of cool stuff. But my mailbox has been busy this week, too, so I thought I would show off some of the cool book stuff and author swag that has come my way. First off, I won this copy of A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies from Goodreads. Here is the back cover
Basically, it is a couple of angel boys and one not-so-ordinary girl. Looks good. Trying to get it read this weekend so I can toss up a review. You can pick up your copy here or by clicking on the cover art.

Next, I won a contest held by Jackson Pearce to celebrate the release of Sweetly which got me this sucker, the UK cover version of Sisters Red (signed!) and a fail invite. I was super excited about this one as the kids and I are huge Jackson Pearce fans. You can pick up your copy of Sweetly here or by clicking on the pictures.
For those of you who didn't read Sisters Red (the companion novel to Sweetly), Jackson has created some truly scary monsters and has a lovely voice to her writing. Sweetly is a modern retelling of Hanzel and Gretel. But better and just...wow. I haven't quite finished it yet but it has been great so far.

And lastly, I went to the beautiful wedding of Leslie and Shawn Tromler and had the most excellent strawberry wine I have ever had. It was from a local winery called Virant Family Winery and you can find their website here. It literally tastes like a liquid strawberry shortcake. Good stuff. I know, it wasn't in my mailbox but it was too good not to mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment