Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things that make me happy...


There are quite a few things that make me do a little happy dance. Sometimes it is the small things like the melting of good chocolate on my tongue. Or the sound of my kids laughing...

Or that glorious moment of anticipation when a book comes in that I have been looking forward to. There are a few authors that incite that level of anticipation in me.

I love to read young adult novels. I used to read them because I was, after all, a young adult. Robin McKinley, L J Smith... there were quite a few authors that really stuck out for me as a kid. Judy Blume... I could go on and on. Now I read them with the excuse that I am pre-reading them for my kids. But really, the genre has the ability to encompass so many things that we struggle with daily... that we have a hard time talking about. And YA books will bring all of that out into the sunshine and make it okay to talk about.

In honor of a certain book that I have been waiting for- Possession by Elana Johnson- I am going to do a series of blogs leading up to the June 6, 2011 release. When we get a bit closer to the release, I will post my review of the book here and on GoodReads and there may even be a giveaway in the future... *waggles eyebrows*

If we get really lucky, Elana herself may stop in and tell us a little about herself and the book...

Until then, I will gloat that I have a shiny new copy of Posession (gorgeous cover) and I will pass along more information as it becomes available :)

Happy Reading!

P.S. If you want to preorder your copy of this book, it is available on Amazon, here.
Also, you can find out what all the excitement is about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment