Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Definition of Snark

So, a few people have noticed my tagline. I think it's clever...
















And those same people have asked me to define snark.

No problem. Online dictionaries tell me that the word is a clever combination of the words snide and remark and generally it is used to suggest sarcasm.

Years of visiting with nice doctors (*waves to docs! Hey, guys...I never actually changed. Sorry*) told me that sarcasm was actually a way to show anger, sort of passive aggressive fury being unleashed. It also taught me that humor is not a way to 'hide pain' or 'deal with repressed' gobbledygook.

Nope, but humor is still, if we're being honest, funny.

So when I advise that I give out snark like beads at Mardi Gras and all you have to do is be there (maybe show me your boobs, I don't know. It's all about your comfort level, really.) and bam! I give you snark...I mean it. I'm chock full of snark. I'm like the Maxwell House of words, I'm snarky to the last drop.

Secretly, I think we're all a little snarky. We all think those things that have us smiling a little half smile or chuckling out loud and then say, when asked, "It was nothing." With me? I don't tell you it was nothing. I'm going to honestly tell you what I thought was funny and hope that we can both laugh about it.

Is this healthy? Maybe not. But if laughter is the best medicine? Welp, my darlings, a girl can hope, can't she?

I hope we all now know what snark is. Tomorrow, we're going to learn about nipple clamps.
Just kidding. You can learn about that one on your own. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment